Becoming a Node
Hosting Fabricademy is open to different kinds of institutions like Fab Labs, creative spaces, fashion and design schools, artist studios.
Fabricademy is open also to organizations who are not Fab Labs. While some Fab Lab equipment is necessary to complete the course, having access to one nearby is considered acceptable.
The key elements required to host the class are hilighted below.
Here are the basic requirements and expectations for any lab that wishes to participate in the the Textile Academy course.
You should have a working group of at least 3 or 4 students, and a qualified instructor following them. We offer training for instructors in the form of bootcamps before the course as well as online materials.
Your lab MUST be equipped with the ALL necessary machines and other supplies to be able to participate in the Academy. Labs that are not properly equipped are not eligible to participate in the Academy, as the students will not be able to complete the course.
As this is a bleeding edge program, and inventory specification is continually being updated. For the most up-to-date list of recommended machines and supplies, see: the Fabricademy Lab Inventory
Fab Textiles / Barcelona:
Fab Lab Barcelona. Institute for Advanced
Architecture of Catalonia.
Contact: Anastasia Pistofidou, email@example.com
Textile Lab / Amsterdam:
Contact: Cecilia Raspanti, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fab Lab Toscana / Tuscany:
Contact: Fiore Basile, email@example.com
Fab Lab Costarica
ContactRobert Garrita, firstname.lastname@example.org
Villette Makerz by WoMa
Contact: Guillaume Attal, email@example.com
and add your lab to this list
- Fab Lab equipment: 3D Printer / Laser cutter / Molding and casting/ cnc milling / materials / Composites / Electronics equipment
- Workstations for CAD modeling
- Basic biolab
- Sewing machine industrial normal
- Sewing machine industrial overlock
- Sewing machine small digital
- Knitting machine
- Knitting machine electroloom
- Fab Loom
- Soft actuators - e-textiles (conductive threads, conductive fabrics, mini vibration motors…)
- Scissors- threads, yarns, natural fibers
- Big working tables ( as fashion schools)
- Roland Tex-art dye sublimation printer
- Embroidery machine